Steve's Flight Simulator Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Steve's Flight Simulator Forum

Discuss Flight Simulator add ons

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome to Steve's Flight Simulator Forum. Please join the Forum and post your Comments, Questions, Pictures, and Thoughts.

Beta VC Panel

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
seahawk72s

Beta VC Panel Empty
PostSubject: Beta VC Panel   Beta VC Panel EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 7:03 pm

I've noticed on 3 aircraft that the gauges in the VC are mounted about 3-4 inches in front of the panel. The gauge faces are just floating free.

68-0247 'Tiger Meet', Aux tanks

69-0269 'New Hampshire Special'

39778 AFTI Test Aircraft
Back to top Go down
Steve Hess
Admin
Steve Hess

Beta VC Panel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beta VC Panel   Beta VC Panel EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 7:49 pm

Actually it is like that in all the aircraft. As mentioned in the Known Bugs.txt file included in the zip file

"Because Alphasim did not put the gauges flat on the Instrument panel in the Virtual Cockpit, as you move the eyepoint further away from it's original position the gauges will be out of place."

Why they did it that way I do not know, but there is nothing we can do to fix it.

Steve
Back to top Go down
https://stevesflightsim.forumotion.net
seahawk72s

Beta VC Panel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beta VC Panel   Beta VC Panel EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 10:36 pm

My apologies for not checking out the documentation.

I've looked around and it seems that the freeware model Virtavia released was an early 2004 version of the Alphasim F-111. The current F-111 model Virtavia released is 2012, with a lot more modeled objects and textures in the cockpit with the gauge problem fixed.
Back to top Go down
Steve Hess
Admin
Steve Hess

Beta VC Panel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beta VC Panel   Beta VC Panel EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 10:47 pm

Yes they did a nice job making the VC look good, but that's were it ends. A lot of thing do not work like the real aircraft.
I like to say about it " if you want an F-111 to fly it is a nice aircraft, but if you want to fly a F-111 it is not very good"
But I am more critical than most people because I worked Avionics on the FB-111A for 4 years and love this plane.
Back to top Go down
seahawk72s

Beta VC Panel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beta VC Panel   Beta VC Panel EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 9:11 am

As I begin to focus on the panel and autopilot documentation, the level of detail and realism you've accomplished is astounding. Its great to feel the challenge of getting into an aircraft and wanting to learn the systems. Getting a feeling of what the actual aircraft may have been like.

Many thanks..!
Back to top Go down
Steve Hess
Admin
Steve Hess

Beta VC Panel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beta VC Panel   Beta VC Panel EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 9:42 am

While we may not be able to achieve the level of visual detail we would like because it is not our model and it was created for FS9, our focus is on providing the user with the most realistic F-111 flying experience. Reading the documentation is important to get to that point and I am glad you are reading it. The F-111 is the 5th fastest military aircraft ever built and with it's TFR capabilities a great aircraft. Being able to fly a realistic TFR in FSX adds a whole new level to the Sim. I am glad you are enjoying it.
Steve
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Beta VC Panel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beta VC Panel   Beta VC Panel Empty

Back to top Go down

Beta VC Panel
Page 1 of 1