Steve's Flight Simulator Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Steve's Flight Simulator Forum

Discuss Flight Simulator add ons

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome to Steve's Flight Simulator Forum. Please join the Forum and post your Comments, Questions, Pictures, and Thoughts.

Snow Camouflage version

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Scott_HH

Snow Camouflage version Empty
PostSubject: Snow Camouflage version   Snow Camouflage version EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 1:22 pm

First a big thank you for this true labour of love. Unfortunately the F111's are all in snow camouflage along with the interior. Sad All the guages are correctly represented. The bitmap textures appear to be present in the folders. It is almost certainly a small detail, but I would much appreciate a tip as to what is not right. I am using the full version of FSUICP and all the controls work perfectly. I can not wait to fly through the scottish highlands (with Generation X) fast and low. Smile
Back to top Go down
Steve Hess
Admin
Steve Hess

PostSubject: Re: Snow Camouflage version   Snow Camouflage version EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 9:59 am

I am not sure what you are seeing. Please post some pictures.
Thank you
Steve
Back to top Go down
https://stevesflightsim.forumotion.net
Scott_HH

PostSubject: Re: Snow Camouflage version   Snow Camouflage version EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 12:40 pm

Snow Camouflage version F111_i11Snow Camouflage version F111_i12
Back to top Go down
Steve Hess
Admin
Steve Hess

PostSubject: Re: Snow Camouflage version   Snow Camouflage version EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 7:42 pm

Try turning off DX10.
Back to top Go down
Scott_HH

PostSubject: Re: Snow Camouflage version   Snow Camouflage version EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 4:26 pm

Thanks Steve,

That solves the issue and also answers another puzzling event. A year or two ago, after a few minutes flying fSX my graphic card would suddenly give up and the screen go black. I thought it was overheating and bought a new fan. The problem seemed to go away after stopping all window updates. It looks like the real problem is that my graphics card does not like DX9 and that I had inadvertently solved the issue by clicking on pre DX10. The graphic card is an old one due for retirement soon. Once again thanks a lot. Here is a pic of the F111 on the tarmac.

Snow Camouflage version Dx910

I tried to take a snapshot of the Western Isles, but the screen went black. Please feel free to send any "postcard" wishes of Scotland and I'll send one when I have a new graphics card.

Many many thanks. The "support" was very much faster than several companies I could name.
Back to top Go down
Steve Hess
Admin
Steve Hess

PostSubject: Re: Snow Camouflage version   Snow Camouflage version EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 4:48 pm

Glad it worked for you. Enjoy
Steve
Back to top Go down
Scott_HH

PostSubject: Re: Snow Camouflage version   Snow Camouflage version EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 8:25 am

My son has found me a very good second-hand graphics card. Everything now works and there are no black screens in DX9. The F111 is now REAL fun. In case you ever collect pictures of "your" plane flying around the world. Here is my contribution flying over the Western Isles in Scotland. Again many many thanks. Very Happy 
Snow Camouflage version Shrs_f10
Back to top Go down
Steve Hess
Admin
Steve Hess

PostSubject: Re: Snow Camouflage version   Snow Camouflage version EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 1:15 pm

I am glad you are enjoying it. The TFR is a blast.
I do not collect pictures, but feel free to join and share them on my Steve's Flight Simulator Stuff FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/444996405593509/

Steve
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snow Camouflage version   Snow Camouflage version Empty

Back to top Go down

Snow Camouflage version
Page 1 of 1