Steve's Flight Simulator Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Steve's Flight Simulator Forum

Discuss Flight Simulator add ons

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome to Steve's Flight Simulator Forum. Please join the Forum and post your Comments, Questions, Pictures, and Thoughts.

Update installer with uninstaller

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Butch1

Update installer with uninstaller Empty
PostSubject: Update installer with uninstaller   Update installer with uninstaller EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 3:59 pm

Would like to see an uninstaller be added to the installer of the current version and future version of the F-111

Thanks
Back to top Go down
spokes2112
Admin
spokes2112

Update installer with uninstaller Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update installer with uninstaller   Update installer with uninstaller EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 7:47 pm

Butch1 wrote:
Would like to see an uninstaller be added to the installer of the current version and future version of the F-111
That would be up to the project head - Steve. Below are full instructions on how to uninstall.

You wrote in an E-Mail --
Quote :

I posted a thread about adding uninstaller to the install package for the
F-111. I have click team pro and I am not sure how you added the
dialog where you have to click on the version of FSX you have i.e.
SP2 or accell. If it were not for that, I could possible create my own
private version that would make uninstaller. There are way to may
effect files (although necessary and nice) that have to be hand deleted
as well as other files. An auto installer would be a nice addition to
this and future and version of your F-111.
The aircraft as a whole is pretty much self contained, even more so than other advanced addons.
The configurator program is also self contained.

Instructions for COMPLETE uninstall.

Aircraft - delete the complete folder "FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\SHRS F-111 Aardvark"
TF Probe - delete the complete folder "FSX\SimObjects\Misc\TF_RADAR_PROBE"
Effects - delete all the *.fx files in "FSX\Effects" folder that start out named "SHRS_" *.fx
Effect Bitmaps - delete all *.bmp files in the "FSX\Effects\texture" folder that start out named "SHRS_F-111_"*.bmp
Delete the "SHRS F-111 Configurator" shortcut on the desktop.

The following differ on alternate operating systems and setups, the following is for WIN7.
Delete the complete folder (Start/Programs Menu) - "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\SHRS F-111 Aardvark"
Delete the complete folder (Start/Programs Menu) - "C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\SHRS F-111 Aardvark"
Delete the complete folder (Configurator program settings) - "C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Local\SHRS"

For the start menu stuff in other operating systems it should be in "All Users"

The Start/Programs/SHRS F-111 Aardvark Menu could be deleted manually too.
The configurator program settings could also remain if wanted - less than 45KB max.

Roman
Back to top Go down

Update installer with uninstaller
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steve's Flight Simulator Forum :: MSFS :: SHRS F-111 Aardvark-
Jump to: