Steve's Flight Simulator Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Steve's Flight Simulator Forum

Discuss Flight Simulator add ons

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome to Steve's Flight Simulator Forum. Please join the Forum and post your Comments, Questions, Pictures, and Thoughts.

Pease AFB Black shelters

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
degeus

Pease AFB Black shelters Empty
PostSubject: Pease AFB Black shelters   Pease AFB Black shelters EmptySat May 18, 2013 1:39 pm

Hello,
I downloaded and installes Pease AFB. That row of shelters to the right of the runway (starting point) stays black. Also a van at the left is black.
What would be the reason for this?
Who has a solution?
Back to top Go down
Steve Hess
Admin
Steve Hess

PostSubject: Re: Pease AFB Black shelters   Pease AFB Black shelters EmptySun May 19, 2013 9:35 am

Did you go to the SETTINGS MENU and add the ..\|Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Pease AFB folder for the scenery to work properly.

Know Issue: Pease AFB may not work properly with DirectX 10.x and 11.x. You can manually turn it off in you FSX settings menu.

Steve
Back to top Go down
https://stevesflightsim.forumotion.net
degeus

PostSubject: Re: Pease AFB Black shelters   Pease AFB Black shelters EmptyMon May 20, 2013 7:54 am

Steve,
Yes, the Pease folder was activated in Scenery-seetings.
The box in Graphics-settings for Preview DirectX 10 is uncheked.

So this cannot cause the problem. More probable maybe are maybe missing textures, because all other buildings, lamps etc are complete.

regards,
Piet
Back to top Go down
Steve Hess
Admin
Steve Hess

PostSubject: Re: Pease AFB Black shelters   Pease AFB Black shelters EmptyMon May 20, 2013 9:36 am

I double checked the files and the textures are there. I am not sure where the problem is. What version of FSX are you using? (SP1, SP2, Accelertaion) and Operating system?
Try uninstalling and then reinstalling the scenery.
Could you please include a screen capture of the shelters.
Back to top Go down
degeus

PostSubject: Re: Pease AFB Black shelters   Pease AFB Black shelters EmptyMon May 20, 2013 11:46 am

Steve,
I have FSX Acceleration and W7 64 bit.
I did not install the three traffics and the three aircraft.
I reinstalled the Effects and the Add-on scenery. It is active.
The problem is the same.
The shelters are black and a van also.
How do I attach a picture to this message?
reg.,
Piet
Back to top Go down
Steve Hess
Admin
Steve Hess

PostSubject: Re: Pease AFB Black shelters   Pease AFB Black shelters EmptyMon May 20, 2013 1:04 pm

I do not think that Not installing three traffics and the three aircraft should cause any problems, but I would use the installer to install the complete package into FSX
Back to top Go down
degeus

PostSubject: Re: Pease AFB Black shelters   Pease AFB Black shelters EmptyMon May 20, 2013 2:03 pm

Steve,
I installed again, as accurately as possible, first removing the older installation. The problem still is there. All objects, watertowers, lights, buildings are visible, except that van and the shelters, they stay black.
I tried to upload a picture, cannot see if it was succesful.
reg.,
Piet
Back to top Go down
Steve Hess
Admin
Steve Hess

PostSubject: Re: Pease AFB Black shelters   Pease AFB Black shelters EmptyMon May 20, 2013 2:21 pm

Make sure these files are present in the folder
\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Pease AFB\Texture
wwii arched shelter.bmp and
BGSE.bmp

They are the texture files for the shelter and vans
Back to top Go down
degeus

PostSubject: Repeat of Pease KPSM Black Shelters and vans   Pease AFB Black shelters EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 2:07 pm

Steve requested me to repeat the problem.
I have black shelters and vans whereas all other scenery-objects are perfect.
My system is W7, 64 bit and FSX Acceleration.
Several re-installs and refreshes of the 2 texture-files gave no result. DirectX is de-activated. Settings for scenery-objects en details are all (very) high.
Who has a solution?
regards,
Piet de Geus
Netherlands
Back to top Go down
Steve Hess
Admin
Steve Hess

PostSubject: Re: Pease AFB Black shelters   Pease AFB Black shelters EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 8:53 pm

The only way I have been able to duplicate your problem is to remove the texture BMPs for thr truck and shelter from the texture folder.
What is the path to the Pease AFB scenery?

Steve
Back to top Go down
Steve Hess
Admin
Steve Hess

PostSubject: Re: Pease AFB Black shelters   Pease AFB Black shelters EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 7:20 pm

The objects that are black are from FS9. As in the previous post, please make sure the scenery is in the \Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Pease AFB\Texture
Back to top Go down
BobF

PostSubject: Re: Pease AFB Black shelters   Pease AFB Black shelters EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 10:51 pm

I do not have that problem. All my buildings, trucks, and shelters are OK. I run WIN7 64 bit with Acceleration.

I have noticed that when an AI plane parks at NE Parking space 90 the tail sticks out of the building. Bob.
Back to top Go down
Steve Hess
Admin
Steve Hess

PostSubject: Re: Pease AFB Black shelters   Pease AFB Black shelters EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 7:31 pm

BobF wrote:
I have noticed that when an AI plane parks at NE Parking space 90 the tail sticks out of the building. Bob.

Yes it does, just like in real life. The larger aircraft can not fit into those hangers, but the hanger doors have doors that slide open and reveal an circular opening that fits the tail and allows it to stick out.

Pease AFB Black shelters Hanger_zps61517a15
Back to top Go down
BobF

PostSubject: Re: Pease AFB Black shelters   Pease AFB Black shelters EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 3:02 pm

Hi Steve. Thanks. Is that a static plane in the hangar or is it an AI plane that initially parks at NE90? It must be an AI plane as I have not always seen it there. The AFCAD shows the parking space is slightly outside of the building on the other side. In your scenery the doors don't work, or do they? Regards, Bob.
Back to top Go down
Steve Hess
Admin
Steve Hess

PostSubject: Re: Pease AFB Black shelters   Pease AFB Black shelters EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 6:12 pm

First, we are really getting off topic here and that is no help to the gentleman looking for answers.
It is an AI aircraft. The AI aircraft gives better frame rates than the Static one I was using. Also the AI E looks more like the A than the Staic R model.
The doors do not work.
Steve
Back to top Go down
BobF

PostSubject: Re: Pease AFB Black shelters   Pease AFB Black shelters EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:33 pm

OK Steve. Sorry I jumped in that question/comment. No problem. Regards, Bob.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pease AFB Black shelters   Pease AFB Black shelters Empty

Back to top Go down

Pease AFB Black shelters
Page 1 of 1