Steve's Flight Simulator Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Steve's Flight Simulator Forum

Discuss Flight Simulator add ons

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome to Steve's Flight Simulator Forum. Please join the Forum and post your Comments, Questions, Pictures, and Thoughts.

TFR Issue

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Levitation

TFR Issue Empty
PostSubject: TFR Issue   TFR Issue EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 6:09 pm

Hi Steve,

First of all thank you very much for this aircraft. It is absolutely fantastic.

I have just downloaded the latest version 031813 and have found an issue with the TFR. I can't get it to fly any other altitude apart from 200 feet that it defaults to when you initially load the aircraft.

On the previous version if you had the TFR engaged and you tried to adjust the altitude with the button under the altitude tape, it would disengage and you would have to push the T key to reengage and fly the new altitude you had just selected.
It no longer disengages when you do this action and continues to fly at 200 feet despite what you altitude you have now selected.

Cheers, Mark

Back to top Go down
spokes2112
Admin
spokes2112

TFR Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: TFR Issue   TFR Issue EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 10:42 am

Mark,

There was a complete design change on how the TFR mode is implemented. In our previous versions the TF reference was incorporated in to the ALT command window as we didn't want any more/bigger popup windows. With the introduction of the E-scope and the ability to hand fly the aircraft in a TF reference via the pitch steer bar, an addition the to the AP/Lighting panel was necessary. (Shift-5)

The TF reference clearances are now made via the TFR sub panel section of the AP/Lighting panel. There are now only 6 TF clearances available as in the real aircraft. The ALT command window now only provides bugs as a reference or for the command for ALT HOLD. Other notes include -

-Changing command ALT in ALT HOLD will not cause a "REF NOT ENGAGED" (realistic)
-Changing TF clearance while in AUTO TF or TF Pitch steer will not cause a "REF NOT ENGAGED" (realistic)
-"REF NOT ENGAGED" Light only illuminates when a lat/vert input channel has changed, not the data itself from the new channel. (realistic)
- In order to use AUTO TF or TF Pitch Steer the TF Radar must be on and not failed. A second set of controls for the TF Radar are included on the same TFR sub panel of the AP/Lighting panel. (realistic)
- A right click of the ALT command slew toggle will set the ALT command bugs to the current indicated altitude - for convenience. ( not realistic Surprised )

These changes have been noted in the the Documents/F-111 Panel.htm but have not been noted in the "Autopilot" operation as changes/upgrades are being made nearly daily.

Thanks for the kind words.
I hope this can clarify the operation for your next virtual mission.

Roman
Back to top Go down
Levitation

TFR Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: TFR Issue   TFR Issue EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 10:50 pm

Fantastic.

Cheers, mark
Back to top Go down
spokes2112
Admin
spokes2112

TFR Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: TFR Issue   TFR Issue EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 9:48 am

Mark,

Forgot to add one other note - a pretty substantial one at that.. One cannot engage the ALT HLD mode if the aircraft is outside the range of +/- 2000 FPM VSI. (realistic per manual)

Roman
Back to top Go down
Levitation

TFR Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: TFR Issue   TFR Issue EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 6:46 pm

Hi Roman,

Thank you for all the info. This thing is just getting better and better.

As you know I have the latest version including the new configurator V2.0. When I initially ran the configurator it gave me engine options for each particular aircraft. In my case I selected the F111G model of the RAAF.

Now when I open the configurator it starts in the windows task bar and no matter how many times I click or right click, I can't open it to select a different model aircraft.

Consquently when I'm in the game and select an F111F for example, a red text indicates I have the wrong aircraft selected and to reselect the correct aircraft.

How do I open the configurator from windows so that I may select a different model?

My apoligises if this info is in the notes and I have somehow missed it.

Cheers, Mark Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Levitation

TFR Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: TFR Issue   TFR Issue EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 8:34 pm

Roman, are you there mate? Smile

Mark
Back to top Go down
spokes2112
Admin
spokes2112

TFR Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: TFR Issue   TFR Issue EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 10:58 am

Mark,

I really thought this problem was solved. It may be, and you have a previous version. In any case can you try 1 or both of the following fix tries? If it works can you then give me some simple information?

1st try - On any of the created shortcuts to the configurator.exe ( not the .exe itself ) located in the start menu and/or desktop, right click and select properties. In the properties window select the "Shortcut" tab. Down towards the bottom in the "Run" dropdown select the "Maximized" setting, then click apply. Use that same shortcut to start the program. If this works follow the same procedures for any other shortcuts that you may use.

TFR Issue Proper10

Only do this procedure if the 1st one didn't work. Note - you will need to have "show hidden files / folders" checked in windows explorer. Navigate to (WIN7) C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Local\ and find the SHRS folder. Delete the SHRS folder. Restart the program. It should now show.

Working or not working can you please reply with your operating system and the complete version of the configurator? IE 2.0.0.37277 as shown in the splash screen or about box.

While writing this and testing my newest version compared to the newest released, the problem still shows itself :-( It happens when the program is closed while minimized. I had it coded for multi-monitor users so the program would open up in the the last monitor used, well, when minimized non of the monitors are used :-( . Going to have to take that feature out straight away, but it will not be available until the next release.

I hope the fix will help for now and..
I really do apologize for requesting you as a "Guinea Pig"

Roman
Back to top Go down
Levitation

TFR Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: TFR Issue   TFR Issue EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 4:31 am

Hi Roman,

1st option fixed the problem.

Configurator ver - 2.0.0.37277.
Operating system - Win 7, 32 bit.

Thanks again for your help. Absolutely love the product.

Mark
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TFR Issue Empty
PostSubject: Re: TFR Issue   TFR Issue Empty

Back to top Go down

TFR Issue
Page 1 of 1