Steve's Flight Simulator Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Steve's Flight Simulator Forum

Discuss Flight Simulator add ons

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome to Steve's Flight Simulator Forum. Please join the Forum and post your Comments, Questions, Pictures, and Thoughts.

Can't select acft

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tomt966

Can't select acft Empty
PostSubject: Can't select acft   Can't select acft EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:16 am

Hey Steve, all of a sudden I get an error msg "acft initialization failure" on my SHRS models. Any ideas?
Tom in Tallahassee
Back to top Go down
Steve Hess
Admin
Steve Hess

Can't select acft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't select acft   Can't select acft EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:33 am

The only thing that come to mind is to reinstall the F-111 package. I had this happen to me once and it disappeared as mysteriously as it appeared.
Back to top Go down
https://stevesflightsim.forumotion.net
Steve Hess
Admin
Steve Hess

Can't select acft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't select acft   Can't select acft EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 9:06 am

I just encountered this problem again. Here is what caused it and maybe it will help.
When I tried to load a saved flight I got the Aircraft initialization failure error.
The reason for this was I loaded a saved flight that was created before using the most current version of the F-111. If this is the case for you try creating the saved flight from scratch and saved it.
I hope this helps
Steve
Back to top Go down
tomt966

Can't select acft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't select acft   Can't select acft EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 12:28 pm

I have no saved F-111 flights. I completely gutted SHRS from my computer and reinstalled and I still get the same error msg with the aircraft tail #(s)

Tom
Back to top Go down
Steve Hess
Admin
Steve Hess

Can't select acft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't select acft   Can't select acft EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 8:18 am

**** Aircraft initialization failure. --- Indicates that some essential files are missing from the aircraft container. If the files are missing, the aircraft will not usually be displayed in the Select Aircraft dialog box; as a result, this error is rare.
**** Failed to start up the flight model. The .air file was not loaded successfully.
**** This is not a Flight Simulator aircraft model. The visual model (.mdl) file for this aircraft is not compatible with ESP.
Visual model could not be displayed. An error occurred while loading the visual model (.mdl) file.

Now, since he destroyed (maybe ??? ) the old installation. It should've overwritten everything and be "good to go" ... But .. Something happened..

So some Basic rules

1. Texture files don’t mean squat. It will load.
2. A missing, or mal-written sound.cfg can cause this.
3. An Aircraft.cfg. with illegal characters will throw this same error.

Tom said he uninstalled the package,,,, The question is.. What remained? And of those files. .... I can bet there was 1 or 2 that became, in the attributes "Read Only" .

A good virus scan may help.. ( " May" )

".cfg" files mean exactly that.. A Configuration --- Little bugs love .cfg <--

From
Roman Stoviak
Back to top Go down
tomt966

Can't select acft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't select acft   Can't select acft EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 4:26 pm

It fixed itself....don't know how. Initially, I got the initialization failed msg but about 2-3 seconds later it went to the acft. Did it with the other models - same thing happened and now everything is fine.... stupid computers!!!
Back to top Go down
Steve Hess
Admin
Steve Hess

Can't select acft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't select acft   Can't select acft EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 4:37 pm

Glad it is working. How do you like it?

Steve
Back to top Go down
tomt966

Can't select acft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't select acft   Can't select acft EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 5:32 pm

Liked it before and still like it. FYI, I have more trouble flying/landing the F-16 than the Aardvark.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Can't select acft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't select acft   Can't select acft Empty

Back to top Go down

Can't select acft
Page 1 of 1