Steve's Flight Simulator Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Steve's Flight Simulator Forum

Discuss Flight Simulator add ons

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome to Steve's Flight Simulator Forum. Please join the Forum and post your Comments, Questions, Pictures, and Thoughts.

ILS Mode Inoperable latest F111 model?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gd_carroll48

ILS Mode Inoperable latest F111 model? Empty
PostSubject: ILS Mode Inoperable latest F111 model?   ILS Mode Inoperable latest F111 model? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 2:15 am

Dear Steve,
I know that your latest F111 model is in beta testing stage. Having downloaded it I have been thrilled with the extra switches and functions afforded by this new model. But I just seem to be unable to get the ILS system to land the aircraft. In your previous models all one had to do was engage the necessary CRS/Select nav on the rotary switch of the course select panel after having set the GPS 500 to the correct ILS frequency and the aircraft would line up with the runway. In this new scenario I approach the airport, set the GPS for the necessary ils frequencies, switch to crs/nav on the rotary switch and then to ILS on the same switch, press the new lit up reference switch and the plane just does not follow any path. It doesn't appear to be working correctly, I have even tried switching the compass slave to DG from comp but still no result. The plane is a dream to fly and is not too difficult to land via VFR conditions; but somehow as it stands I wouldn't feel too safe in trying conditions. I feel sure that it is purely down to my unfamiliarity with this new model but I will persevere anyway. Best of luck with this new model of the ultimate and incomparable F111 bomber!

Yours Faithfully, Grant Carroll

PS. Worked on them 1980-83 with 6Sqn Amberley and then with 3 Aircraft Depot Amberley 87-91 as a radio tech.
Back to top Go down
Steve Hess
Admin
Steve Hess

PostSubject: Re: ILS Mode Inoperable latest F111 model?   ILS Mode Inoperable latest F111 model? EmptyWed May 23, 2012 7:13 am

I just did an ILS landing to check for problems and did not find any. With the Course Select Knob set to ILS, The Compass Knob set to DG, and the Radio Frequencies set into the NAV Radios, I had no problem intercepting the localiizer.

Don't use the GPS for an ILS approach

Try it this way and tell me what happens.

Steve
Back to top Go down
https://stevesflightsim.forumotion.net
gd_carroll48

PostSubject: Re: ILS Mode Inoperable latest F111 model?   ILS Mode Inoperable latest F111 model? EmptyFri May 25, 2012 6:41 pm

Dear Steve, All's well that ends well with the ILS approach.
When I persevered with the comms panel as you suggested and finally put the correct freq's in, it worked! Thank you for that and I would just like to say I can hardly wait to see the TFR E Display in action with possible video breakthrough and a 2G climb out? If you do it will certainly put the icing on the cake for this model and the realism will then be hair raising!
I purchased the Alphasim AArdvark and installed Karol Cheblowski's Pig Updates about 18 months ago and the a/c flew well with all those fancy panels; but to my mind having worked on the F111c I was disappointed that the new panels were superimposed over the originals. I also knew that Mike Stone only developed a 2d panel and I defy anyone to say to me that you can fly with a 2d panel and feel real! The GPS 500 panel made me lazy as I assumed that once the ILS frequencies were set via itself, and the ATC gave the correct approach path, the a/c ssumed the correct glideslope. It was too easy and not realistic, but now with manual input I feel as though it is really happening. Once again thank you for a truly magnificent and realistic aircraft and now favourite aircraft, even surpassing Libardo Guzman's Concorde! So feel very proud and keep on flying...

Yours Gratefully,
Grant D Carroll
Back to top Go down
Steve Hess
Admin
Steve Hess

PostSubject: Re: ILS Mode Inoperable latest F111 model?   ILS Mode Inoperable latest F111 model? EmptyFri May 25, 2012 6:52 pm

Glad I was able to help.
A 2G pull-up is next to impossible in FSX. We pretty much have the Auto TF working about as well as it is going to get. FSX uses trim function to fly autopilot. Any changes that favor the TF affect all modes of autopilot. So making TF pull harder makes the other modes really bad. The bright side is the TF is still better than anything out there in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://stevesflightsim.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ILS Mode Inoperable latest F111 model?   ILS Mode Inoperable latest F111 model? Empty

Back to top Go down

ILS Mode Inoperable latest F111 model?
Page 1 of 1