Steve's Flight Simulator Forum

Discuss Flight Simulator add ons

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome to Steve's Flight Simulator Forum. Please join the Forum and post your Comments, Questions, Pictures, and Thoughts.

Share | 

F111-TFR

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
hivey

PostSubject: F111-TFR   Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:06 am

Steve
I recently downloaded the new beta version of your shrs F111 for FSX, I love this plane and you have done a great job duplicating the real plane. I have a problem I have been unable to solve. I am unable to get the TFR to activate. When I press the "Reference" button the light goes out, but th TFR does not activate: the TFR light on the enunciater panel flashes for a second and goes out. I am anxious to experience a realistic TFR radar and I will be grateful if you can help me with this problem.
I was fortunate to be among the group that took the first six production F111s to Thailand in 1968 and even though we had our problems, we did major damage with this fantastic aircraft before hand.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steve Hess
Admin

PostSubject: Re: F111-TFR   Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:06 am

IMPORTANT! You must have at least the unregistered version of FSUIPC installed for the TFR some and gauges to work.

Do you nave that installed?

Steve
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://stevesflightsim.forumotion.net
hivey

PostSubject: Re: F111-TFR   Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:41 am

Thanks Steve for your prompt reply. Yes i do have fsuipc installed. I also have the accelerator version of FSX. Because the TFR light flashes on for a second when I try to activate the TFR, it appears something is preventing a proper connection. I have three computers and I have the same problem on all of them.I really appreciate your interest in helping me solve this problem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hivey

PostSubject: Re: F111-TFR   Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:24 pm

SUCCESS!!

Hi Steve

Finally I have a working TFR; my problem turned out to be the FSUIPC. As the problem occurred on three different computers I suspected it was a problem with the FSUIPC so I downloaded a fresh copy from file from Pete Dawson's site and installed it and problem solved.

You seem to be as passionate about the F111 as I so you can imagine how elated I was to see a realistic TFR in action. You have done a great job with this panel and I am sure I am not the only one that really appreciates your work.

I have created several flight plans mimicking missions we flew from Thailand in 1968 from RTAFB Thakhli and I am looking forward to see them in action.

Thanks again Steve for your efforts

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steve Hess
Admin

PostSubject: Re: F111-TFR   Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:23 pm

I glad you got it working and hope you enjoy it.
I would like to see you Flight Plans.

Steve
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://stevesflightsim.forumotion.net
brettt777

PostSubject: Re: F111-TFR   Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:59 pm

hivey wrote:
SUCCESS!!

Hi Steve

Finally I have a working TFR; my problem turned out to be the FSUIPC. As the problem occurred on three different computers I suspected it was a problem with the FSUIPC so I downloaded a fresh copy from file from Pete Dawson's site and installed it and problem solved.

You seem to be as passionate about the F111 as I so you can imagine how elated I was to see a realistic TFR in action. You have done a great job with this panel and I am sure I am not the only one that really appreciates your work.

I have created several flight plans mimicking missions we flew from Thailand in 1968 from RTAFB Thakhli and I am looking forward to see them in action.  

Thanks again Steve for your efforts

Hey hivey I'd love to try out those flight plans. Are they available anywhere? I'm an ex navair guy but I've always been fascinated with the Vietnam air war, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: F111-TFR   

Back to top Go down

F111-TFR
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steve's Flight Simulator Forum :: MSFS :: SHRS F-111 Aardvark-
Jump to: