Steve's Flight Simulator Forum

Discuss Flight Simulator add ons

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Welcome to Steve's Flight Simulator Forum. Please join the Forum and post your Comments, Questions, Pictures, and Thoughts.

Share | 

Pease AFB

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tomt966

PostSubject: Pease AFB   Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:35 am

I can't get Pease to load in FSX. I run the program, tell it to load in FSX/Addon Scenery but Pease shows up nowhere when I use MS explorer and try to search for the file. Running SP 2. Really would like to have some Aardvarks running around.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steve Hess
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pease AFB   Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:24 pm

Do not install to the FSX Add on scenery folder. Install to the microsoft flight simulator X folder. Make sure you go to the settings menu and at the pease air force base scenery as in the installation instructions. I hope that helps. Let me know how you make out. Steve
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://stevesflightsim.forumotion.net
tomt966

PostSubject: Re: Pease AFB   Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:53 pm

Nope - unzipped into FSX (main). No Pease. ??? Does 64 bit make any diff?? Shouldn't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steve Hess
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pease AFB   Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:40 pm

DO NOT unzip to any FSX folder!!!

1: Open the zip file and double click the Pease_AFB_FSX_Version 2.7.exe file to launch the install program.

2: Follow the prompts and when asked to 'Select Your \Microsoft Flight Simulator X Folder' do so then. This will put all the files in the correct folders.

3: Launch FSX and go to the SETTINGS MENU and add the ..\|Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Pease AFB folder for the scenery to work properly.

The Installation Readme.txt file will explain other notes

Steve

Back to top Go down
tomt966

PostSubject: Re: Pease AFB   Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:25 am

That's exactly what I did Steve. ....and it tells me it installed successfully....but, no files. Stupid computer. If you want, send me your addy and I'll send screen shots. Tom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steve Hess
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pease AFB   Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:04 pm

In your \Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery folder is there a Pease AFB folder and in your \Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\scenery is there a KPSM_ADE_SCH.BGL file?
Back to top Go down
tomt966

PostSubject: Re: Pease AFB   Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:55 am

As an aside, I had to remove & reinstall FSX yesterday so I'm starting fresh....I downloaded the unzipped Pease (this time with a different unzip utility) to my desktop and then ran the .exe file. It tells me it was successfully installed. When I search my ENTIRE OS:C the name Pease only shows as an airport logo in "myTraffic 2010" as a .jpg......no KPSM_ADE_sch.bgl in my OS. As a matter of fact, the only .bgl files in FSX/Addon/scenery is two for KSLV. There IS a BR2_KPSM.bgl in "my traffic2010"/scenery.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steve Hess
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pease AFB   Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:57 am

I am not sure why you are having these problems.
Try this:

1. Create a new folder on your desktop. Name it what you what, but for here we'll call it pease_temp

2. Start the install program and install to pease_temp instead of ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X

3. Check to see that you have 4 folders named; Addon Scenery, Effects, Scenery, and SimObjects in your pease_temp folder.

4. Check to see that in your pease_temp\Addon Scenery folder you have 2 folders; Pease AFB and scenery

5. Check to see in your pease_temp\Addon Scenery\scenery folder you have a KPSM_ADE_SCH.BGL file

5. Copy the 4 folders (Addon Scenery, Effects, Scenery, and SimObjects) in your pease_temp
folder to your ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder. When asked to overwrite click yes
Back to top Go down
tomt966

PostSubject: Re: Pease AFB   Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:30 am

OK here's my files from the temp folder

Effects/fx_ai_fighter_controails.fx and fx_f16_ag.fx and otherf-16 nav etc files

Scenery/world/scenery/traffic_sac-f111.bgl

SimObjects?airplanes?ga-AIF11e &f&g&raven

Uninstall

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steve Hess
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pease AFB   Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:42 am

That is not the Pease AFB scenery package. It is the add-on F-111 transient AI package for my Pease AFB scenery.

You must install my Pease AFB scenery first for that to work. The file is Pease_AFB_FSX_Version 2.7.zip

Here is the link to download it.

http://www.box.net/shared/b99hxj2g98

Last edited by Steve Hess on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tomt966

PostSubject: Re: Pease AFB   Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:00 pm

Aardvarks everywhere!!! One last question....where do I download the AI's too? Thanks, Tom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tomt966

PostSubject: Re: Pease AFB   Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:04 pm

Never mind, they are there... Sierra Hotel from a F-100/F105/F-4 crew chief and a F-16 QA guy. Really appreciate your time and trouble Steve...Tom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pease AFB   

Back to top Go down

Pease AFB
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steve's Flight Simulator Forum :: MSFS :: Pease AFB Scenery-
Jump to: